Sunday, March 2, 2008

inundate the update

inundate may not have a major place in this blog, but at the same point, I get tired of the title, "update". So there ya go!

Today is the first day where I start running sound again for church. I will run third service today, next week, and every other week thereafter. I got volunteered to run a WOW JAM thingy at the end of the month, but it doesn't bother me. I enjoy sound, and I enjoy helping my friends, so its a win win situation.

I also sent an e mail out to the person in charge of life groups. If you remember from a previous post, I had signed up to be a leader. Well, nothing has happened with that (just as much my fault as others). I got challenged last night, and sent the letter this morning.

I have been dragging my feet. I dont know if it is because as soon as it starts, I wont have time, or because of inadequacy. I really feel like satan is trying to jack with my life right now. The last two weeks have been hectic (see hecticizm), and they dont seem like they are going to slow down.

But on the bright side, I will soon have a new mind to "mold". I was talking to my boss on friday, and letting him know how I am just drowning at work. I asked if I could have an intern to help me out, and he gave me the heads up. I had one that I talked to at the Fresno State Recruiting fair on thursday, and will bring him in for an interview. Hopefully it works out.

I honestly dont know why they (Lyles) lets me out in public. I know Im a kick in the shorts, but I may not be the best person for recruiting. But it was at least fun. I couldn't believe myself... By the end of the fair, I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to sit in silence. And I did.

this next week continues the business... I am going to try and set up a couple dinner dates with some buddies, but we will see. Hopefully it works out.

One thing to think about: I was perusing the yellow pages last week, and came across the bridge contact information... As Im sure you may know, the Bridge has a deaf church, which is awesome. But what I dont understand is that the advertisement had a phone number with it... How on earth are deaf people supposed to use the phone?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

You know it's kind of funny...I remember when you were going in for that internship interview and now you're the interviewer...