Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Perks

You know.. There are some major perks to being in construction. For instance, I was going home yesterday, and got a call from one of my vendors.. Apparently he acquired some tickets for the grizzlies/giants game tonight, and he wanted to give them to me. No cost.. I mean, I do give him a lot of business, but still. Free tickets? Im all over that!

But there are also down sides. I went to bed at 8:30 on sunday night. I was exhausted. Im up around 4:30, and to work by 5:30. The only way I seem to get done what I need to is to get in before the crews go to work.

I have been working on perfecting the art of putting out fires. I dont catch up, I just take care of the hottest items first. I dont think it is the right way to work, but at least I always have something to do.

I guess overall, work has its ups and downs, but what really makes it alright is outside of work. It is nice to have something else going on besides the gym and work.

3 comments:

Luke Mundy said...

We need some coffee, Blake...

Stephanie said...

and what else would you have going on besides the gym and work??? :)

Blake said...

I have taken up bad mitten...

Its amazing how intense that sport is.. in fact, it may even classify as surprising =)