Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another day in paradise..

You know, even though at times my day may be hectic, or im pulling my hair out, it could be a lot worse. When people ask me how I am, usually, I have two responses: "Just another day in paradise" or, "It could be worse". Well, it could be a lot worse. I have been enormously blessed recently. I have a great job, I have awesome friends and a stable family. I am able to wake up in the morning and get out of bed. I serve an awesome God who wants nothing but the best for me. Heck, I live a pretty darn good life.

This all gets put into prospective for me when I hear that someone I am close to is going through tough times. You may think you have it hard, but at least your brother didn't try to commit suicide. What do you say when you hear that? For some strange reason, "I'm sorry" just doesn't cut it. There is nothing you can do, nothing you can say, except that I care about you, and I'll be praying for you.
What I really have a hard time with though is that I like to fix things. I enjoy helping people out, and fixing problems. I can't do that in this situation. It is something that only God can take care of. For that, I am thankful. I know if it was me, I would probably screw it up. And that is ok, because as great as I may think I am, I am nothing compared to Jesus. Letting Him have control is the only thing I can do.

In a way, it is an enormous load off of my shoulders, but in another way, I am still here in this moment, waiting to see what is going to happen.

He knows what He needs to do, but I don't know what I need to do. Luckily, He has it all planned out. I will wait patiently.

No comments: