Sunday, November 23, 2008

2008 In Review

I know I know... this is a little premature. But, I like to look at it this way. I am just a little ahead of my time.

So, I totally realize that I haven't blogged in a long time, and I am cool with that. Life has been hectic, But that is no excuse. I have very devoted (snicker snicker) readers. In fact, I have had two (I dont know if I have more than two) mention in the past week that its time for me to blog. (more to follow)

Now to the point of the blog. The following are things that I have learned, growth that I have experienced, and things I have done.


1) I have been to Hawaii... Twice. I honestly never thought I would go to Hawaii. I thought it was too expensive, too far away, and too hot. What I found out is that I dont know if I could live in Hawaii, but I would sure like to try. The weather was beautiful, although a little humid. The beaches were gorgeous, and the water was warm. What made it feasible is that My brother lives there. Thanks drew!

2) I went dancing, in public for the first time ever. I went to school dances, but never out in public. It was interesting, and a great time. I can definetly see how fun it is with the right person.

3) I have gone to Washington DC. Another thing I never thought I would do. I have, more recently, become somewhat of a history buff. I knew there was a lot of history in DC, but I never knew how much. the best thing about it is that most of it was free. All the smithsonians were free, the capital was free. The only thing that costed was parking. You cant park anywhere for free. that sucked... I think I got one, or two, tickets... I dont remember. But what I do remember is that if you dont pay your tickets, the car rental company will charge you for them months later.

4) I went to disneyland. The best part of that was the lack of crowd. for a saturday in the middle of summer, there was almost no one there. It was awesome.

Now, for the more important ones.

1) I have started dating and got engaged to an amazing girl. for those of you who dont know, her name is steph. I fully acknowledge that everyone who reads my blog should know, because I stated it in a previous post. Steph is an amazing girl who has a wonderful heart for God. She challenges me in so many ways. Some of our best times together are praying or doing devotionals. I cant wait to experience life with her.

2) Steph and I are buying a house together. I have had a realtor for the past couple years (Judy Nazaroff, if you are looking for one). I just never had a house that worked out. I put a couple of offers in, but nothing ever came of them. Steph and I ended up getting into a brand new house (still in construction). the original owner fell through, and steph and i came through with a great offer, and they accepted. We got accepted for the loan, and just finished picking out all the interior stuff. Ill tell you what, picking out things for the inside of your house is frustrating. Two people, two styles.... All I wanted was everything grey... Everything goes with grey =)

3) Most importantly, I have decided that my relationship with God comes first. The year started out hard. I remember having a conversation with God, and telling him that if He wanted me to do something, he needed to tell me, because I was tired of doing things on my own. I have prayed that before, but i think it was different because I completely meant it. I was just tired of life. Life with God is not a marathon, as it has previously been described to me, it is an all out sprint. In hebrews, it talks of how the author strips off everything that holds him back, to run the race he needs to run. Its not just a statement, there are so many actions that need to follow it up.


All in all, this has been a pretty good year. I have an inckling that next year will be even better...

No comments: